17th Annual Wichita Sports Medicine Symposium
Friday June 5th
1230-1300 – Log In & Get Ready For A Fun Meeting 😊
1300-1400 – Bradley Dart, M.D.
Topic: Mangled Extremities
- Explain the initial management and treatment approach
- Interpret patient outcomes following mangled extremity injuries
1400-1500 – Corey Reed, MS, LMFT, CCCR
Topic: Being Mindful of YOU!!!
- Illustrate the importance of self-care and its impact on the ability to provide optimal services to your patients
- Outline symptoms, responses, and the many negative outcomes that stress can create
- Utilize a variety of self-assessment tools to create personal awareness regarding your own needs
1500-1510 – Break
1510 – 1610 – Kim Harris, RN, CWCA, CHRN
Topic: “Simple Wounds, NOT”
- Participants will be able to identify a variety of post-surgical and non-surgical wounds and evidence based treatments
- Participants will be able to explain the stages of pressure injuries.
1610 – 1620 – Break
1620 – 1720 – B.J. Lehecka, DPT
Topic: “Sparing the Spine”
- Participants will examine the biomechanical principles of the lower spine
- Participants will examine spine-sparing exercises and evidence-based spine education for clients
1720 – 1820 – Danial Prohaska, M.D.
Topic: Rotator Cuff 2020
- Participants will be able to discuss current rehabilitation timelines on Rotator Cuff Repair.
- Participants will be able to discuss to their patients later the risks and benefits of treatment other than surgery.
Please Enjoy Your Evening — We Will See You Back Here Bright and Early
Saturday June 6th
0730-0800 – Registration
0800-0900 – Tarun Bharagava, M.D.
Topic: The use of navigation and robots in total knee arthroplasty
- Summarize the advantages of Navigation and Robotics in Total Joint Replacement
- Explain the disadvantages of Navigation and Robotics in Total Joint Replacement
0900 – 0910 – Break
0910 – 1010 – Phillip Hagan, MD,
Topic: Biologics in orthopedics today
- Participants will be able to compare the differences between PRP, BMA, and stem cells
- Participants will be able to compare the role of biologics in orthopedics today
1010 – 1110 – Nicole Fenoglio, LSCSW
Topic: Using Motivational Interviewing to Improve Client Engagement
- Participants will be able to discuss the basics of motivational interviewing techniques
- Participants will discover how to better engage clients in treatment
- Show how motivational interviewing can lead to improved outcomes
1110-1130 – Break
1130 – 1230 – Rob Manske, DPT
Topic: Natural History of Rotator Cuff Tears & Topic: Pediatric Sports Knee Injuries
- Participants will be able to develop a summary of the natural history of rotator cuff tears
- Participants will be able to discuss the evidence for options for non-surgical treatment for rotator cuff tears
- Participants will be able to compare and contrast different findings for various pediatric knee injuries
1230 – 1240 – Break — Grab A Snack for the Final Speaker
1240 – 1340 – Jennifer Celso, DPT, WCS
Topic: Diastasis Rectus Abdominis in Postpartum Women, What does the evidence say?
- Participants will be able to discuss the prevalence of Diastasis Rectus Abdominis in the Postpartum Woman
- Participants will be able to distinguish what the current evidence in regards to Diastasis Rectus Abdominis in the Postpartum Woman
1340-1400 – Wrap Up
Total Hours: 10