18th Annual Wichita Sports Medicine Symposium
LIVE & VIRTUAL MEETING
Friday June 4th
1230-1300 – Registration for Live Event or Log In if you are joining us virtual & Get Ready For A Fun Meeting 😊
1300-1400 – Doug Bonnesen, DPT
Topic: Musculoskeletal Ultrasound Use in Physical Therapy
- Participants will be able to show a basic understanding of the musculoskeletal ultrasound terminology
- Attendees will be able to summarize the benefits of using the musculoskeletal ultrasound in Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine
1400-1500 – Alex Bollinger, M.D.
Topic: Sports Related Hand Injuries
- Participants will be able to identify the specific structures involved in a possible injury based a comprehensive physical examination
- Participants will be able to offer differential diagnosis based on presenting etiology and physical presentation.
1500-1510 – Break
1510 – 1610 – Phillip Hagan, M.D.
Topic: Orthopedic Imaging and Clinical Coordination
- Participants will be able to show and identify anatomical landmarks from pre and post surgical repair via arthroscopy photos
- Participants will be able to improve their interpretation of imaging of both plain radiographs and MRI’s.
1610 – 1620 – Break
1620 – 1720 – Maggie Hagan, M.D.
Topic: COVID-19 Update
- Participants will be able to explain the current state of COVID-19 crisis. Including precautions that need to continue to be take for the health care provider.
- Participants will be able to explain the importance of receiving the COVID-19 vaccination.
1720 – 1820 – John Childs, M.D.
Topic: Sports Related Foot & Ankle Injuries
- Participants will be able to explain the causes signs and symptoms and differential diagnoses of a variety of sports related Foot and Ankle injuries
- Participants will be able to outline the treatments for different sports related foot and ankle injuries
1830 – 2000: BBQ Dinner and beverages catered by When Pigs Fly BBQ
2000 – 2230: Please Join Us For A Great Social: At the Wichita Marriott Hotel. Adult Beverages, Snacks and a Good Time. Room TBA
Saturday June 5th
0730-0800 – Registration
0800-0900 – Bradley Bruner, M.D.
Topic: ACL Yesterday and Today
- Participants will be able to outline the variety of ACL surgical interventions that have continued to advance through the years.
- Attendees will be able to examine the different anatomical structures that are affected with each procedure and the pro’s and con’s of each.
0900 – 0910 – Break
0910 – 1010 – Robert Manske, DPT
Topic: Recent advances in ACL Reconstruction Rehabilitation
- Participants will be able to justify and relate the latest special testing procedures of specific pathologies of the knee
- Participants will be able to design and justify appropriate rehabilitation programs for different knee pathologies
1010 – 1110 – Chris Fleming, LAT ATC AEMT
Topic: Concussion Baseline Testing
- Attendees will be able to explain the importance of Pre-Injury Concussion Baseline Testing for not only “regular athletes” but for the “Tactical Athlete” as well.
- Participants will discuss the rational of using the Concussion Vitals Signs computer based neurocognitive assessment, the DARI 3D Motion balance assessment, and the VOMS.
1110-1130 – Break
1130 – 1215 – Chris Fleming, LAT ATC AEMT
Topic: Functionally Dive Deep Into the Vestibular Ocular Motor Screening Test
- Participants will be able to demonstrate the utilization of the Vestibular Ocular Motor Screening Test in the Clinical Setting
- Participants will have the opportunity to outline basic interventions based on VOMS clinical deficiency’s.
1215 – 1245 – Lunch Break — those attending live will have a boxed lunch available if they selected
1245 – 1400 – Robert Manske, DPT
Topic: Functional Performance Testing for LE Injuries with Case Studies Lab Discussions
- Participants will be able to design evidence-based rehabilitation programs for specific pathologies that are based on current scientific literature
- Attendees will be able to integrate current exercise technology into the rehabilitation process for knee injuries
- Participants will be able to explain clinical reasoning for allowing or dis-allowing return to sports following knee injuries.
1350-1400 – Wrap Up
Total Hours: 10